Welcome to ...
-+- The Interim Computer Museum -+-
.-+-' TELEX: (425)256-7519 '-+-.
[ about ] [ news ] [ collections ] [ recollections ] [ donate ] [ jobs ] [ visit ]
Located conveniently: ON-LiNE
Open 365/24/7 (including LEAP YEARS!)
ICM - "a computer museum for the interim" - our flounder
We just acquired something you were bidding for on eBay! sorry.
-> YOU HAVE BEEN ROUTED TO OUR COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT <-
- Many things you already have.
- Gateway 3000 PC w/ Windows 93 preferrably w/ MaikoSoft(tm) RoB (installed) + BuGGeyeD mice.
- 4800 bps modem w/ MNP/ARQ+.
- LOL, Inc CD-ROMs or Floppy Disks w/ +INF free minutes.
- Your LISP machine (any dialect).
- an tellertypist (mousey free, pls).
- a certified computer pre-Y2K (tho Y2K compliant is O.K., K?)
- Hellschreiber DataFAX machine device service operator bureau station (or dresser drawer set, in 1950-esque birch or walnut).
- The VODER - (or homer dudley, tho preferrably The VODER)
- Research EUNICE 11 - (Bellmac RISC)
- SAGE - (most compleat and fully operational)
- QSL cards (?PSE TNX!)
WE SHALL NOT WANT:
- 1988 SAAB 900 SPG Turbo in Edwardian Grey.
- Timex Sinclair 1000 w/ 16kb memory expansion, thermal printer excessory and original boxes + receipt + lots of thermal paper rolls.
Here is a list of public emulators we recommend for recollections you may wish to reexperience for the very first or last time.
- UNIX 50! - Create and Destroy a number of Hysterical UNIX systems
- TimeSharing System 8 - Challenge your self and overcome your ph33rz
- SDF Public Access TWENEX TOPS-20 - A great improvement over it's successors (MRC)
- Incompatible TimeSharing System WOOF! WOOF! METHINKS A MINSKY LOGGED IN.
- BTC: 17GQEeNNHYPmkdgzHmHXiyMaVfgrhPvGBQ
We are actively seeking a: The VODER Operator!
The successful candidate will:
- Have prior The VODER experience.
- Familiarity with various vocoders such as the Roland SVC-350 and Sennheiser VSM-201 (but not the Korg Micro-Korg NOT-A-VOCODER).
- Stenographer (by curiosity, hobby or profession)
- EVI/EWI or experience with various AKAI/Nyle Steiner breath/chording instruments.
- Telegraphy skill requirement: 45.5 5-Level BAUDOT keyboard and at least 18 WPM MORSE straight key proficiency.
- Must also be a Notary of The Public in current and good standing.
- Ability to follow ANY jazz chord progression using a Suzuki Omnichord (Suzuki method is a plus, but not a requirement.)
- Accepts TANG as an acceptable alternative to orange juice. (like the astronauts!)
- Able lift 147lbs of dead computer weight while under water (in similar fashion to the astronauts!)
- Part-time church organist a PLUS! (any denomintation: O.K. (w/ parking validation))
- A Billity to speak LISP (any dialect)
We think you just failed THE INTERNET . . .
- YOU HEAR: 913.8Hz THEN 1370.6Hz successively AND both FOR 274 milliseconds THEN finally 1776.7Hz FOR 380 milliseconds.
- We're Sorry, The Voder Position has already been filled and therefore this position has been closed.
- (We're Sorry! - for you - try again, guess again, try again!)
The unsuccessful candidate is:
Exhibit Assortment Potpourri
-+- this page is best viewed from mothra using webfs on plan9 -+-